Sue Britton, CEO of FinTech Growth Syndicate, is also an Advisor to the Digital Finance Institute and actively participates to support the mission and vision of the DFI.
"Now more than ever, given the pace of change, it is critical we build bridges and connect the FinTech community in Canada and globally. The DFI has a strong voice in Canada and across the globe, and it is an honour to be part an advisor in Toronto." Sue Britton
The Mission of the Digital Finance Institute
We are a think tank created for the next generation of financial services. We address issues in respect of the nexus between financial innovation, digital finance policy and regulation, financial inclusion and women in financial technology.
Our goals are to:
- Develop partnerships for balanced regulation of digital payments and remittances, and emerging legal issues, and for sharing FinTech knowledge and development internationally.
- Support research and the use of FinTech innovation to solve financial inclusion problems.
- Participate in emerging digital finance market areas, including climate finance and artificial intelligence for digital finance.
- Support diversity in FinTech.
- Support the growth of FinTech ecosystem to encourage investment in FinTech, including with respect to a FinTech Association.
- Build a FinTech community that is vibrant and inclusive, and supportive of startups, in a manner that involves all stakeholders and provides networking and educational opportunities for participants.
Part of the way we are building a national FinTech ecosystem and community is by convening national FinTech Conferences, launching the first FinTech Awards in Canada in the Fall of 2015 and helping to establish a FinTech Association.
We also participate with Carlisle & Gallagher and SWIFT / Innotribe in the FemTech Leaders series, a site that profiles the top women in FinTech around the world and joins them together under one global umbrella of the top finance companies in the world.
We also advocate and work towards the establishment of FinTech hubs that are government-supported in Toronto and Vancouver to encourage new start-ups to engage in FinTech.
About the DFI Founder, Christine Duhaime
Christine is the Executive Director of the Digital Finance Institute and its Founder, responsible for setting the policy direction of the Institute and is its spokesperson. She is a mentor to Hong Kong’s premier accelerator, SuperCharger, sponsored by Baidu, Invest HK, the Hong Kong Exchange and Standard Chartered, and with Janos Barberis, develops relationships in FinTech with Asia and the Middle East to support the FinTech ecosystem in Canada and abroad, and helps drive investment in Canada in FinTech.
Christine is also a prominent international lawyer at Duhaime Law with a financial crime practice that including counter-terrorist financing and anti-money laundering law, financial regulation, digital financial services and products and sanctions compliance in regulated industries such as banks, money services businesses and casinos.