FinTech Growth Syndicate (FGS) is a Fintech market intelligence and innovation firm with a mission to redefine the “impossible” for financial services. We are a team of innovators, designers, advisors, and researches, who are focused on solving customer problems. We are an innovation partner for Financial institutions that specialize in using our FinTech research and expertise to rapidly create and validate products/services to market.
Are you the next expert to join us?
Innovation Lead Key Responsibilities:
- Act as innovation lead that develops and manages products and concepts from inception to launch in the market for our clients
- Works with clients to drive innovation methodology throughout the client’s organization.
- Manage multiple, simultaneous projects, providing product innovation oversight during all project phases including pre and post-go-live
- Create innovation sprint plans that leverage design thinking, lean start-up and agile development methods, that are aligned with the overall innovation program
- Evaluates and maintains a breadth of knowledge of the full competitive landscape.
- Monitor and manage timelines/schedule to keep projects on track by prioritizing deliverables that deliver against business objectives and success metrics
- Identify critical stakeholders and external partners to each innovation sprint and partner effectively to implement strategies to proactively manage anticipated resistance
- Build and implement a roadmap and corresponding communication strategy for each innovation product/concept in order to inform impacted stakeholders or obtain their buy-in
- Work with internal business sponsors and Finance to develop business cases and corresponding P&Ls for each product being developed
- Acts as the champion of the voice of the consumer in every aspect of the design or solution.
- Assess desirability, viability, and feasibility of specific innovation products
- Partners with the FGS and Client teams to establish and socialize a model for evaluation criteria of innovation initiatives.
- Embraces creativity and vision as a member of our team
- University degree in related field
- 5-7 years’ experience and successful track record in corporate innovation roles, developing technology products and software
- Proven business development, client relations and project leadership skills
- Experience and knowledge of design thinking and agile development principles and methodologies
- Prior experience in innovation or transformational roles across a diverse set of businesses would be considered an asset
- Strong project management skills, demonstrated ability to structure and plan work to deliver the right results on time and on budget
- Self-directed and comfortable working in ambiguous environments
- Experience in leading cross-functional partners / indirect reports in team project-based work environment
- Strong stakeholder management and relationship building skills; ability to cultivate and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization and with third-party resources
- Experience and passion working in the financial services, FinTech and start-up space is required
- Eligible to work in Canada
- Some evening and weekend work required, as well as event attendance and participation
Core Competencies and Skills:
- Significant multi-disciplinary experience in areas such as technology, strategy, product development, and business development
- High energy, proactive and influential leader
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to influence others to a common deliverable and goal
- Good business acumen
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a cross-functional team
- Flexible and adaptable, able to work in changing conditions
- Strong problem solving skills, can identify issues and get to root cause very quickly
- Ability to create and clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences in both written and verbal format
- Ability to work in a challenging, fast-paced, multi-tasked environment
- Develop and maintain exceptional working relationships with multiple stakeholder groups
- This role is positioned in Toronto
- Must have flexibility to travel within the region, across the country, or internationally for dedicated innovation sprints
- Start-up office environment with little structure, need to “wear multiple hats” and roll up your sleeves to “do” the work
All applications will be reviewed as received and interview invitations will be offered during the posting period. Final interviews will take place within 7 business days of posting close. Applications submitted without a personal note or cover letter will not be considered – tell us why you want to join us because we are building a team, not just filling roles. Please note postings will close October 31, 2019. We thank all applicants for their interest; we will contact only those applicants selected for further consideration. As noted above applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis, and therefore early submission is encouraged. FGS will be pleased to provide an accessible recruitment process to candidates invited to move forward in our process.