FinTech Growth Syndicate (FGS) is a Fintech market intelligence and innovation firm with a mission to redefine the “impossible” for financial services. We are a team of innovators, designers, advisors, and researches, who are focused on solving customer problems. We are an innovation partner for Financial institutions that specialize in using our FinTech research and expertise to rapidly create and validate products/services to market.
Are you the next expert to join us?
UX Analyst Key Responsibilities:
Be passionate about digital design and contributing to an exciting innovative culture.
- Understand our users, leveraging rigorous design research and usability principles as well as your intuitive design sense
- Explore and design digital and real-world experiences that touch millions of users every day
- Work with the technical team and a range of stakeholders to prioritize issues, tasks, and projects
- Leverage a range of research methodologies (including user testing, hallway tests, focus groups, and secondary review) in order to inform your designs
- Be able to synthesize research outcomes into viable product experiences
- Produce compelling visual designs to illustrate concepts iteratively and be able to provide detailed specifications for use by UI and front-end developers of all levels
- Act as design lead through conception, validation, and prototyping of new solutions
- Bring a high level of technical acuity with a thorough understanding of front end technologies; you will need to understand limitations and constraints, as well as when to push boundaries
- Think through the range of customer segments in the retail industry and be able to design intelligent systems that meet the needs of various personas
Does this sound like you?
- You want to work in a fast-paced startup environment (read: can be chaotic at times but it’s all with a clear vision and purpose in the end)
- Work with peers who love what they do and really love the space they are in
- Want a lot of freedom to invent how you work and create beautiful, elegant products and experiences
- Be interested in growing your skills and working in a highly productive development team, with an ability to understand problems and how they fit relative to a product portfolio
- Want to work in an agile environment, constantly playing with ideas to improve processes and communication
- Be open, persuasive, engaging and love to have a good laugh – you also know when it’s important to get serious and be a champion for the end-user
- Education: Computer Science, Engineering or Design (ideally coupled with some experience in business and strategy)
- Experience and knowledge of HTML & CSS, and basic web development frameworks is a plus
- Experience using rapid prototyping platforms (InVision, Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Sketch, etc.)
- A demonstrable portfolio of work (professional and personal) which showcases the applications you’ve worked on and includes examples of your storytelling skills, from low-fidelity sketches through to detailed designs
- A positive and resilient personality. You must be able to embrace feedback and have a desire for continuous iteration and improvement.
- Comfortable working in a self-guided manner, championing the user on a multi-functional team
- Experience plotting and mapping user journeys from product discovery through enrollment, down multiple engagement routes and through to journey completion.
- Comfortable working within tight timeframes and with working creatively within specific constraints
- A demonstrable history of applying design thinking and user-centered design principles to challenges at work or in everyday projects
- Ability to work within a brand and style toolkit with a desire to push and improve existing standards
- A fast learner who has an appetite to learn what’s behind and visualize both simple and complex data solutions
All applications will be reviewed as received and interview invitations will be offered during the posting period. Applications submitted without a personal note or cover letter will not be considered – tell us why you want to join us because we are building a team, not just filling roles. We thank all applicants for their interest; we will contact only those applicants selected for further consideration. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis, and therefore early submission is encouraged. FGS will be pleased to provide an accessible recruitment process to candidates invited to move forward in our process.